Saturday, June 30, 2007

Murphy's Law

How come the air conditioner doesn't break in the middle of the week in the middle of the day when all the AC contractors are hmmmm....open?? How come it only tears up at 6:30 on a Saturday night (of a holiday week, no less)? I think I jinxed myself yesterday when my teacher-friend called with a broken AC. Luckily DH is out as I type seeing if he has the parts needed to fix it. The up-side to this prediciment: DH is a handy man and chances are good that he will at least be able to patch it so it gets us through until Monday. We could be like 95% of the population and if we could get a technician out on a Saturday he would charge, oh, $3,254/hour...and we would gladly pay it because it is, oh, 243 degrees in my house right now. Seeing as how I'm the President and CEO of our heating and AC company, I'm learnin' a thing or two about these things. I know by the temperature in my house right now that the "light is on but nobody's home". The motor is running and DH tried to convince me that it was just so hot in GA today that the AC was having a hard time keeping up. I'm not buying it because I know hot and I know hooootttttttttt and it's hooootttttttttt right now.

As I sit here typing this, I'm also contemplating our choices if DH is unsuccessful in "patching" the unit. The way I see it, I have three...(1) sit here and suffer it out, (2) go hook up the AC to the camper and sleep out there tonight, and (3) check in at the Lynne Bed and Breakfast over at And Babies Make Six and have a slumber party for the night.

Let's examine these options closer...choice one isn't very viable because the temperature goes up each time I go check the thermostat. I'm hot now, I can only imagine it in about another hour. Choice two is somewhat viable, but DH doesn't think the "thingy" that we hook up to make the camper AC work works right now...another thing on the honey-do list at my house. Choice three seems like the most logical right now...they have enough room, they can always use an extra hand playing with babies; it's a good day in their house when the adults outnumber the kiddos. I'm waiting for just the right moment to make my personal suggestion.

And if that weren't bad enough, The Dude just called from his vacation..it was 50 degrees when he got off the plane today in New York. Personally, I don't know if that's really true or if he just told me that because he knew I don't do hot.

Footnote: My house is cooling - yeah!! It is so nice to have a DH who can improvise and compromise and come up with whatever he needed to make my capassiter work...I love you, DH!

No comments: