Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Of All the Things I've Lost...

...I miss my mind the most. I am totally addicted to the Karen Kingsbury book series. Last summer I read the Redemption series; could hardly wait for this summer to get here so I could read the Family series. And lo and behold, that is exactly what I have been doing all summer; I was averaging about 1 book every 4 or 5 days. That is, until this past weekend. I stayed up way too late my last night at the beach finishing book #3...only to start book #4. Finished book #4 (by far my favorite so far...) only to start book #5...therein lies the trauma. Book #5 has totally disappeared off the face of the earth (or I've forgotten where I put it...). I bought 3, 4, and 5 at the same time so I wouldn't have to waste time running back to the bookstore. I took them everywhere the first three weeks of summer vacation took me so I would have the next one readily available whenever it may be needed. I finished #4 on Friday night and didn't start book #5 then; it was already past my bedtime and, afterall, I did need my beauty rest. So I was all set to start on Saturday morning. And the Karen Kingsbury book thief came and took it sometime during the night while I was beauty resting.

I am so addicted to these books I can't borrow them or check them out of the library...I have to OWN them so I can loan them to my friends when I finish. As soon as you finish reading this blog, get in your car, run right out to your nearest Christian bookstore (or Borders or Barnes and Noble) and buy one; I promise you won't regret it. But alas, I digress...I went to pick up the book on Saturday morning and it was gone...disappeared...absolutely nowhere to be found.

Yes, I was at my dear sister-in-laws house; yes, I stayed up way past my bedtime helping her get ready for Saturday's company (see previous blog regarding our country being well protected...); yes, it probably got put up in a safe place so I would remember where it was. And NO I can't remember where the safe place is. I searched my bedroom at my sil's personal bed and breakfast and it is nowhere to be found. I even looked at my house thinking maybe, just maybe, I had accidentally left it at home...And here it is Wednesday afternoon and I still haven't been able to find out if Dayne is able to get out of his movie contract and return to Bloomington which is where he really wants to be and if the birth family accepts him for who he is or rejects him because of the life he lives and everyone gets mad at Ashley because she knows too much and doesn't share it with her family first...Guess now you'll have to come back to see how I resolved the best-book-series-in-the- whole-wide-world delima.

No comments: