Thursday, July 12, 2007

Still Among the Living

Wow, where did the summer go?? The calendar says I only have two more weeks of summer vacation (get out the crying towels now!), but that can't be, because I still have so much on the "to do" list that I haven't accomplished yet. But July has been very productive.

In my previous posts I have eluded to The Dude who now lives in what used to be our playroom. Now, The Dude lives in a huge bedroom complete with hardwood laminate flooring (a blog for another day...), freshly painted walls, no stray shoes, coats, bags, animals, or any of the other various important items that used to be housed in that room. That's the problem with having an "extra" room in your house - it soon becomes a catch-all. Even though we would periodically clean The Pit a few times a year, it never failed that The Pit would once again become the place where we would just put everything that didn't have a real home.

But The Dude has a bedroom he can be proud of, DH and I didn't even have any major disagreements during the above-mentioned flooring experience, and I still have two weeks to get my garage cleaned from the stray shoes, coats, bags, animals, and other important items that have been housed in there so my truck can park there again.

No comments: