Thursday, June 19, 2008

Now I Have To

BooMama has issued the call, and I must heed "the call". Well, and I've only been going to do the to do list since Christmas vacation. Now I'll definitely get it done because BooMama told me to and who am I not to rise to a challenge?! Well that, and I like to use my Christmas holiday and summer holiday to do something productive since I'm pretty busy the other 190 days of the year.

On my "to do" list? At the top is painting the living room. And I actually figured out a way this week to do it so I wouldn't be so overwhelmed. Completely paint one wall before moving on to the next. That way, it's finished, out of the way, complete and then I move on to the next. I've even had the paint for a VERY. LONG. TIME. So long, in fact, I have to take it back to the Home Fix It Up store to get them to mix it again to see if it's still good. So long, in fact, that I've changed my mind about how I'm going to paint the LR since I bought the paint (DH is thanking his lucky stars I just changed my mind on the WAY I was going to paint, now the COLORS I was going to paint!). Originally, the plan was to paint the darker color on the bottom of the wall up to chair rail level, then paint the top the lighter color. But now, I'm painting the wall with the fireplace a chocolate-y color and the other three walls a cream color. And don'tcha like the cup and feathers on the mantel? YC thinks the mantel is a catch-all. And see those lovely pictures of Oldest Child and Youngest Child up there on the wall? They're really cute; 'cept OC and YC are now in high school and middle school. Oopsie!



Posted by Picasa





Posted by Picasa




Then I'm going to move on to the kitchen cabinets because I have so many cabinets I've just shoved junk in them. I have the absolutely biggest kitchen in the history of the world. That would be a good thing if, you know, I liked to cook! You would think a humongous kitchen would inspire me. Notsomuch. But I do have lots of "stuff" stuffed in lots of cabinets (doesn't everyone store old birthday cards in the kitchen cabinet?). But BooMama told me to clean them out, so I am. By July 25th.

And both of those are indoor activities, which won't require me to be out in the sweltering 198 degree heat that is Atlanta in the summer. I still have paint the trim on the outside of the house on the "list", but that will be done on a weekend in the fall (provided that there isn't a good college football game or Nascar race on TV!).

Posted by Picasa


No comments: