Monday, June 30, 2008

Caught Up In The Moment

As many of you know, Lynne at And Babies Make Six and I are good friends. Great friends, actually. Such great friends that we are getting ready to spend the weekend in Vegas (Las Vegas, not Chevrolet Vegas...but I digress...) to celebrate her "big" birthday. We talk several times a day on the phone, see each other numerous times throughout the week, etc., etc.

Today she called in desperation...hubby out of town, kids crabby, yadda, yadda. So being the planner/problem solver I am, I came up with the idea of "tricking" the kids by getting her to come to the great walking park near my house that has the playground hidden in the back of the property. Thus, we get in a great walk before all eight eagle eyes spot the playground. It's a win/win situation.

This park just happens to be the park where Oldest Child and her BFF Maggie ride their unicycles. OC has been wanting to meet Maggie up there and ride. Maggie also happens to be Lynne's daughter's BFF - every time we go over there, she wants to know where Maggie is; we have to be very careful not to mention that name unless, of course, Maggie is in the car on the way to their house. Stop here and imagine four kids, ages 4 and 2, all in bad moods, all wanting something different from Mommy RIGHT NOW, and think of the noise level in the house. So I was explaining to Lynne that OC and YC would be with me and we may even invite M-A-G-G-I-E to go with us. As soon as I had spelled the word, we both burst out laughing. Her kids couldn't hear my end of the conversation; my kids (hopefully) can spell...guess you could say I was feeling her pain : )

Now I'm off to walk with four crabby kids and two (potentially crabby) teenagers.

No comments: