Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Day

Every year, DH asks me what I want for Valentine's Day. Usually, he's not surprised to find out I want to go out to a fancy resturant, no kids, just me, him, and 4,634 of our best friends. Everywhere in Atlanta is crowded on Valentine's Day. Everywhere in Atlanta is usually crowded when it's NOT Valentine's Day. So I started thinking about it early this year; afterall, he hasn't given me a present since Christmas, so time was of the essence.

Imagine my surprise when I started tracking the Nascar season back in early January. I live for Nascar; I love Nascar. I can get so much laundry folded (or sleep so soundly) when there is a Nascar race in the background. Imagine my excitement when I found out the Gatorade Duals would be held on Valentine's Day.

My perfect, romantic evening was planned: Record the Duals because they start at 2:00 - hellooooo, most people are working at 2:00 in the afternoon. I love my DVR. Order pizza. Get in our comfy jammies...sit in front of the TV watching Nascar.

And it was a night to be remembered. Nothing says romance like delivery pizza and Nascar.

No comments: