Sunday, February 10, 2008

Spring has Sprung

Not according to the calendar, of course, but according to my daffodils. Yes, you read that right...I have a daffodil blooming in my front yard. If I were multi-talented, I would take a picture of it and show it to you just to prove it. But since I'm technologically challenged (actually, I think I'm a hopeless case!), you will have to picture it in your mind.

Spring is my favorite season of the year. I love the way God makes all things new in the spring. I love the way we usually have birds build nests near our house so we can watch. I love the way the days get longer and the nights get shorter. I like the way I can sit on my front porch and drink sweet tea and watch the girls play...and not swealter in the heat and humidity. I love the smell of fresh cut grass at the beginning of the season.

And if my daffodils are blooming, can my azaleas and iris' be far behind?

No comments: