Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Mom of the Year

...for a minute anyway. I didn't go to school today; I was "sick". But I had to venture from my "death bed" to run a couple of errands. While I was out, even in my "deliriously sickly state", I remembered that the new Clique book came out today. And if you're a regular reader, you know that I go to great measures to keep Oldest Child happy. So I found the new book and waited in the extremely long line...or behind two other people...and her book was waiting in her room when she got home from school.

Needless to say, she was proclaiming accolaids to me/for me/about me for a- whole five minutes at least!

It lasted until we got to the eye doctor and I hugged her daddy (you know, my HUSBAND) hello and it totally embarrassed her and she couldn't believe we would do that out in public and the huffy breaths and eye rolling started.

Oh, the joys of living with a thirteen year old - kinda like the weather in Georgia...if you don't like it, stick around for five minutes because it will change.

No comments: