Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Which One?

Today was the first day of school in my county...yes, I know we started the day after Labor Day and had three recesses a day and still learned. But today was the first day students came back to class, and all day I was reminded of the sermon I heard at church on Sunday. A lay person who went on one of our mission trips delivered the sermon and it was all about how we are all put here to touch certain people, and will we or will we not know the people we are meant to come into contact with.

Now this is not my first year in the classroom; my first students are juniors in high school now and I don't know why this hasn't dawned me before. But when I stop and think about my job, the pressure is monmental. What if I never know the particular one I was meant to touch. What if I have a negative affect as opposed to a positive affect. I pray daily for guidance. I've always said I don't teach reading, writing and arithmatic; I teach children who need love, care and nurture...if they happen to learn reading, writing and arithmatic, good for them.

So here's to a great year; here's to love and learning; here's to love of learning. Check back in 179 days for a recap.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I expect that your posts will become more frequent now that you will have some good stories to tell.