Thursday, August 2, 2007

My Very First Meme E-V-I-R

Seein as how I'm new to bloggin and I'm really supposed to be organizing registration papers and other fun stuff like that, I found a neat meme over at Big Mama's and decided that since ya'll don't know a lot about me, what better meme to start with than one about my high school days. Sit back, relax, enjoy...don't tell me how hard you laugh, though...
1. Who was your best friend? Had to be Debbie, Anne, and Leslie. Leslie, Debbie and I all worked at the local Dairy Queen together, so we knew each other pretty well. Anne was in most of my business classes and we eventually went to college together. Still am very good friends with Debbie and Anne.
2. Did you play any sports? No. Seein' as how I'm not sure who in my home state reads this blog (or who will read it in the future), I'll just leave it at no; no explanation other than to say that my girls will be able to participate in whatever sports, after-school activities, etc., that they want to, and I will take them to and pick them up from said activities because it will never in a million years be too far for me to drive.
3. What kind of car did you drive? The good ol' trusty family Ford LTD.
4. It's Friday night. Where were you? Working at the Dairy Queen. My boss thought it was because I was trustworthy; little did he know it was because I didn't have a life.
5. Were you a party animal? No, actually I never went to any parties when I was in high school (yes, that's the honest truth...and I never tasted alcohol until after I graduated...)
6. Were you considered a flirt? Absolutely not. I was the one who went around and fixed everyone else's relationships. I was always the one people confided in.
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? No; refer to answer #2.
8. Were you a nerd? No, but I sure was friends with enough of them.
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? No, I was one of the good ones.
10. Can you sing the fight song? Absolutely. I may not have been at any of the football or basketball games, but I was working my little fingers to the bone at the DQ, listening to the games on the radio, singing along as the band played.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? I have two. Mr. Boone who taught English Lit. He instilled my love of reading, poetry, and old movies. I cannot watch Audrey Hepburn without thinking of him. And Miss McClung who was my homeroom teacher. She showed me her love and understanding not only as her student, but also her friend.
12. Who was your school mascot? The Cavalier. And not that you asked, but we were blue and gold.
13. Did you go to the prom? Yes, my senior year. Went with Steve because he was one of the few guys on the "approved" list I was allowed to choose from.
14. If you could go back, would you? Not just no, but *%*&^*&^% NO!
15. What do you remember most about graduation? We were standing outside the gym getting ready to march in. A girl named Charlotte was standing behind me and she had tears in her eyes as she said, "Do you realize this is the last time we will ever be together like this?" Then I lost it.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? I was allowed to "skip", but had to stay home and watch TV.
17. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes; I had been working at the DQ since I was a sophmore.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? Nowhere; we weren't allowed to leave campus.
19. Have you gained weight since high school? I plead the fifth on this one.
20. What did you do after graduation? Went to Concord College with a group of so-called "friends". Turns out Anne from #1 was the only friend in the whole group.
21. What year did you graduate? 1984
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? Steve
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10-year-reunion? Went to my 10 year and oh, the stories I could tell...like the girl who spent more time with her high school sweetheart than her current husband, went home to TX and filed for divorce, moved back to WV and married her sweetheart...didn't go to the 20 year...Anne from #1 got married two weeks before the reunion and I decided I'd have more fun at her wedding.

So there you have it...from then to now. So much more fun now, though...kids and all.











No comments: