Thursday, March 6, 2008

Daytona Bound

...almost. Every year about this time, Dear Husband gets Daytona-fever. Never heard of it? It's when all the great (or the great-wanna-be) Harley riders gather on the streets of Daytona on their bikes and have a great time. Only this year I was going to surprise Dear Husband and go with him. I was going arrange the babysitter, getting OC and YC to sitters and school, take off school, and throw caution to the wind. We've always talked about riding out to Sturgis, but that will have to wait until I retire because it always coincides with the start of Georgia schools. But I was going to arrange all this and let him know once it was all set.

Then I looked at the calendar and realized tomorrow is a teacher workday. Our board has a policy that you can't take those days (or the days before or after) as personal days. So being the supportive wife I am, I helped him pack his bag, wished him well, and went to school and moped around all day.

Personally, I think my county needs to check the Daytona Beach and Myrtle Beach Bike Weeks before they set the school calendars. So till then, I will be living vicariously through him and waiting for my present he brings me on Sunday! Maybe this fall I will actually get to go to a bike week!

No comments: