Sunday, March 30, 2008

A-Camping We Will Go

Our county is on spring break this week. It's Sunday afternoon and instead of being in my usual mad-Sunday-afternoon-get-ready-for-school-rush, I just woke up from a nap, I'm catching up on my blog reading, not quite finished with the laundry, and not worried because I have two whole weeks to get it done.

Well, not quite. Tomorrow we leave for a week in the wilderness. Well, not quite. Not sure if you call Roosevelt State Park "wilderness". But it is "nature" and there are "animals". We will be taking our camper, complete with running water and heat/ac. We will spend all week doing a whole lot of nothing. Dear Husband and Youngest Child will fish (a lot!). Oldest Child will try to master her new unicycle (another post for another day but my bet is she'll have it mastered by this time next week). I will try to finish up the two books I'm reading plus the three magazines I've been saving for occasions such as this. We are supposed to hook up with my old assistant principal who is now a principal down by where we're going.

Not sure how much blog-checking I'll be able to do while I'm there (I may go into withdrawals), but rest assured I'll be back next weekend with stories a-plenty and hopefully some pictures to match.

No comments: