Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nothin' Much

DH is back from Daytona safe and sound. He came back early because the spring breakers were starting to arrive. You know you're getting old when you leave a city just when the party is arriving. Lucky for me, though, I was asleep when he called to tell me they were leaving...at 10:38 PM on the night the time changed. Had I heard the message or talked to him, I wouldn't have slept all night because I would have worried about them.

He came back with several stories of what they saw and where they ate; he got reacquainted with two high school buddies from oh-so-long ago. He relaxed and enjoyed his time off. Why do I keep mentioning that? On average, DH works 60-70 hours a week. Not counting the hour commute each way. Before this weekend, he had taken three days off since January 1. No, not three week days off. Three total days off. It was time for a break.

But he came home as we were leaving for church Sunday morning, slept, and spent Sunday afternoon with us. It was a very relaxing day. This weekend, however, is not shaping up so quiet or relaxing. I hate it when weekends don't shape up quiet or relaxing.

Friday night, YC has a function at church. It involves 24 Easter eggs filled with candy and a flashlight. A fun time should be had by all. I'm thinking DH and I can sneak in a date between drop off time and pick up time. Then Saturday is service day at our church. From 9-12 we are going to do a service project for the community. Then YC has a tennis match at 1. Then OC has a dance team party from 4-7. Then we're going to our dear friend, Ed's, birthday party Saturday night. He's going to be old...he's going to be 40. Oh, wait...that's not old, I passed that a couple of years ago!

Then I think I get to spend Sunday recuperating from Saturday. We are having a special church service on Sunday so I get to sleep in. Instead of being there at 8:30, it doesn't start until 10; I get to sleep in AND go to church. I am a happy camper!

And in the midst of all of that, YC turns 11 on Thursday. Thursday also happens to be the first of two parent conference days. I think after parent conferences, I will need a date with DH on Friday night. What ever happened to slow, ordinary and boring??

No comments: