Friday, March 7, 2008

Fun with Friends

DH is having a great time in Daytona; they are staying at a hotel that is right across the street from a police station...not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The weather is holding out for the most part and he is making the most of his much-deserved time off.

Youngest Child and I went to the teacher work day at my school; I actually got to work and didn't have to attend one single meeting. Got bunches and bunches accomplished; now I'm almost caught up! Then my girlfriend called to see if we wanted to meet them for dinner. Far be it from me to say no and sorely disappoint them!

I let them decide where to eat because they have four kids; YC and I were just happy to be dining out. They decided the babies would do good at the local Japanese resturant. Have I mentioned that I absolutely love the local Japanese resturant? And it was so much fun! We ended up sitting at a table with a family from their subdivision, so Austin sat by his "best friend" and Cassie had her pick of which baby she wanted to tend to ('scuse me, I meant to say "sat beside"). The babies loved it! They ate, they clapped, the laughed, and then they ate some more.

The best part of the whole evening? Clif told our waitress to put everything on one check. What an unexpected surprise! Now I can actually tell DH I went out to eat Japanese and his heart won't have palpatations because we didn't figure it in the budget.

Speaking of budget, on Wednesday night, we started Financial Peace University at our church. Even though it was DH's idea, I am very much on board and want to see how much money we can pay off/save by doing this program. So as I was digging through my kit on Wednesday, I found the little "card protectors" that you slip over credit card to protect the magnetic strip. Only on the outside they contain warnings about how using them can cause harm to your financial situation. Being the go-getter that I am, I immediately slipped my two credit cards in the sleeves. I did, afterall, want to show DH how determined I am to make this successful. So last night when I went grocery shopping (within the budget, nonetheless), I went to pull out my debit card and it was nowhere to be found. I immediately started thinking where it could be, when was the last time I used it, is it in a pants pocket at home somewhere, etc., etc. I then went to pull out my AmEx card...wasn't there! I am now almost in full-fledged panic mode. The Dude is at work; DH is in Daytona; the checkbook is at home.

Then the light bulb goes off. When I put the protectors on the cards, they wouldn't fit where I normally put them...I had to move them to a different place in my wallet. There they were, safe and sound, in their pocket protectors, right where I left them. I might be successful at this FPU thing afterall!

No comments: