Friday, December 28, 2007

Got Kids?

I have spent the biggest part of my day cleaning up and organizing Polly Pockets. Lots and lots of Polly Pockets. I detest Polly and her Pockets. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Polly, just make Barbie and Ken collide with Honey, I Shrunk the Kids and you've got Polly Pockets. Nothing. I repeat NOTHING in Polly's wardrobe is larger than 1 inch. Total. Period. Polly herself is only three inches tall. While I was organizing all of her shoes and mittens, I found one of Ken's shoes mixed in...it looked like it belonged to a giant. You get the picture.

I would be willing to bet that the inventor of Polly Pockets didn't have children. Who, in their right mind, would make miniature Barbie dolls, complete with all the accessories. Polly has her own private jet, limo, jeep, house, spa, etc., etc. She even has her very own swimming pool. With water and everything. I even came upon hangers with which to hang the 1-inch dress or ball gown of Polly's. Youngest Child won't even hang up her real clothes, no way is she going to hang up Polly's!

So I was temporarily insane this morning and decided I was tired of Youngest Child not using her closet for that in which it was intended. You could open the door to the closet, and that was about it. Clothes were mixed with stuffed animals were mixed with Polly Pockets were mixed with books were mixed with shoes. And that was just the beginning. No wonder YC couldn't find anything...it was probably in her closet! So I put the stuffed animals together. I put the Webkins together. I put the Bitty Baby and American Girl goodies together. And I was left with Polly and all of her accessories.

It was so bad, I even tried to play Deal or No Deal with Oldest Child. She is getting wise to my ways. When I asked her if she'd like to make some money, her response was, "It's not worth $10 to clean up that mess." When I upped it to $25, she was very interested. Yes, I know I'm crazy to pay someone $25 to clean up a bunch of dolls. Have I told you lately how much I loath Polly Pockets?? We have PP storage containers sitting completely empty because it would be too logical to put the "stuff" where it's supposed to go. But Oldest Child is all about making money. And when she's in the mood, she can clean up a storm. I was hoping today was one of those days. Unfortunately for me, she decided I could keep my money because she'd rather play on the computer or the Wii instead of back in YC's room.

But alas, I did prevail. All of Polly's rooms are sitting on the bookshelf. All of her cars are in the floor. Each drawer of the plastic storage container thingy has one specific Polly item in it. All the clothes (Youngest Child's clothes, not Polly's clothes) are hung and organized, shoes in the shoe hanger. And it will stay that way for, oh, 9.4 seconds at least.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Don't tell my girls, but I throw away the Polly Pocket junk I find laying around.
I think the road to Hell is paved with Polly Pocket's shoes.