Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry

It never dawned on me that yesterday was December 17th. I remembered it was December 17th today when I sat down to catch up on my blog reading. The first blog I read had, hmmm, Tour of Home pictures...oopsie! So then, of course, I had to go around blog-er land and look at everybody else's pretty Christmas decorations. But you know there's a good reason I forgot why yesterday was the 17th.

I live with Oldest Child (13) and Youngest Child (10) and YC takes every advantage to get back at OC at any given moment. Well, yesterday YC stepped over the line by telling the neighbor kids a bunch of lies on OC because it made YC look good. Before I can figure out what happened, OC and YC are crying hysterically, Neighbor Kid 1 and Neighbor Kid 2 are in tears. OC is screaming at YC and slamming doors (surprise, surprise, surprise!). Mom across the street and I are trying to untangle the tangled web that was woven to figure out who said what and what is true and what was made up. All while I was supposed to be posting Tour of Homes pictures and getting ready for my Christmas Bunko party. Geez, Youngest Child, if you're going to tell a bunch of lies on your sister, could you please do it on a night I don't have any plans?!

But, alas, DH to the rescue! After the fiasco that was my evening, he insisted that I go to Bunko because I had been looking forward to it. He would handle the girls because they were now walking a straight and narrow path because they realized they had stepped over the line. Neighbor Mom had her kids settled down and yes, OC would be able to babysit again and yes, the kids would be able to play together again and no, they don't hate us...You know you are among friends when you can arrive at Bunko in your PJ's with a tear-stained face and be welcomed with hugs and a cold glass of sangria. I love bunko!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!