Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's Beginning to Sound A Lot Like Christmas

I had a meeting tonight after school and was childless; Oldest Child had a dance that DH was chaperoning and Youngest Child chose to stay home for a quiet evening. So after the meeting, I ran to Wal Mart because both of my printers were out of ink...just my luck. Some important papers are being faxed to me and neither printer has ink...wonder where it went? Oldest Child, do you have an answer for that one??

But I digress.Now being in metro Atlanta, you can drive 15 minutes and be at almost any store you want. Only I didn't want to pass my house on the way to WM, so I decided to go to the WM in the neighboring town, thus making a big circle, thus utilizing my time more efficiently. I go, get the ink for BOTH printers, and stand waiting patiently in the checkout lane.

Suddenly, there is a tap on my shoulder. Turning around, this nice young lady said, "Do you know you have something white on the back of your pants?" No, I replied and thanked her for kindly telling me. Thankfully I was headed home, and only my fellow Wal Mart shoppers were going to see the white whatever smeared all over my black pants. Guess Nice Young Lady didn't think she'd made her point because then she uttered, "Yeah, the whole $ % & of your pants is covered in sometin white; looks like it might be sheetrock dust."

I love the sounds of the holidays!

3 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Oh my, wasn't she helpful now. lol

Scott said...

You didn't ask her to wipe it off?

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.