Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I've Been Tricked

6:00 a.m. My house. I should have known from the beginning it was only a trick. Oldest Child woke up on my first trip to her room. She actually woke up without grunting or yelling or telling me to leave; she didn't even kick the dog off of her bed. She got up and started getting dressed. That should have been my first clue I was being set up. I'm still working on my first cup of coffee when I meet her in the hall.

"Mom, if I get dressed really quick and I brush my teeth and do everything I need to do, can we please, please, please go to WalMart". I immediately start racking my brain trying to figure out what she's told me she needs for school that I've forgotten and she's going to fail a major project and it will be all my fault because she needed a major ingredient at the store and I forgot and now she can't complete her project (remember, the last sentence of the first paragraph talks about the first cup of coffee...)

"Pirates of the Carribean 3 comes out today and I really, really need to buy it before they sell out". I wanted to go back and crawl under the electric blanket.

No comments: