Monday, November 5, 2007

Among the Living

Yes, I am still among the living, reading various blogs on a daily basis. Been keeping up with BooMama, Big Mama, and Rocks' wild weekend in Birmingham. Already logged in with Lynne at And Babies Makes Six so she can get some Ebates thanks to me. But that's about all I can muster.

I could tell you about going back to school after being off a week for Fall break and how I enjoyed my week off tremendously. And how Oldest Child went to Kentucky with Lynne and the babies.

I could tell you about trick-or-treating with my Sunday School class and what fun we had. It was even a great outreach ministry because of another occasion that was going on at our church during that time. Got to meet people I wouldn't have otherwise gotten to meet.

I could tell you about celebrating The Dude's 23rd birthday with him on Friday and how it is his first actual birth date since he was four that his dad has gotten to spend with him and how we took him and his favorite cousin out to eat Mexican. I could tell you that I originally set it up to meet at 6:30 for dinner. That would have worked perfectly except for one, small, tiny, minute detail. The resturant was 30 minutes away from the house and The Dude doesn't even get off work until 7:00. Guess he'd actually like to be there for his own party, huh?!

I could tell you how excited I am to be working out the final details of my aunt and uncle from WV coming to visit next Monday for dinner. Oh, by the way, it is an aunt and uncle I haven't had any contact with in the past, oh, say, twenty years...give or take a few years...That could lead into a whole 'nother discussion of the relationships that have rekindled in the past month since my father passed away.

These are the things I could tell you if, indeed, I had the energy to do so. But the truth is, I'm exhausted. I'm enoying reading the blogs and laughing with you. But between work, and homework, and housework, and life in general, I'm too exhausted to be witty right now. But alas, I wil prevail and I will return. The dance team is working on a new dance and you know you wouldn't wanna miss all the drama that entails. I think I hear a bubble bath with my name on it.

2 comments:

Queen B said...

Hope you are feeling rested! I wanted to let you know that I'm all about your Nascar Math and the answer is Kurt Busch. Whom I don't really care for so much. Have a great day!!

Anonymous said...

mommy i ♥ you so much!!!
love,
oldest child :]