Friday, October 24, 2008

The Tale of Two Plants

I love violets. Violets are comforting for me. As a child, my grandmother always had a violet in her kitchen window and her bedroom dresser. That was one of the constants of my childhood. I have attempted to always have a violet somewhere in my house. I should have done a "before and after" picture, but you know what they say about hindsight. But use your imagination and picture these two plants in the blue pot...together...overgrown.

But I was afraid to seperate them because I was afraid of killing them. Then one day, I had a temporary moment of insanity and took the plunge. They are now two normal sized violets instead of one giant one. I have to find a place in my house that the other pot will grow and not die.

I hope the girls will pick up on this and want violets in their home when they go out on their own.

No comments: