Saturday, March 22, 2008

Still Dancin'

What about them Mountaineers?! Being from West Virginia and all, old Mountaineers die hard. Don't get me wrong; since moving to Georgia, my college ball loyalties have moved south of the Mason Dixon Line. Normally, I cheer for the Bulldogs or Yellow Jackets. Except when the Mountaineers are playing. Even little Tyler at And Babies Make Six is confused when it comes to college loyalties.

I follow Nascar more than I follow basketball. But when the Mountaineers are in the big dance, you can't help but watch. They won their first game by a big margin. My girlfriend and I even joked that their dancing days were over because their next opponent was the #2 seed in their division. Perhaps you've heard of them: the Duke Blue Devils. They're only known for being one of the top basketball powerhouses of all time. And West Virginia is...well...not.

Tomorrow is Oldest Child's birthday. Hard to believe my baby is 14 tomorrow. So since one of our birthday traditions is the birthday girl gets to pick where she wants to eat, and tomorrow we are going to MawMaw's to celebrate Easter, she got to go one day early. So we sat at Chili's eating our chips and salsa with our eyes glued to the TV. I think it is a safe bet that we were the only ones in the whole restaurant cheering against Duke.

But yes, they pulled out the upset; yes, they are in the sweet sixteen; yes, you know who I'm pulling for to make it to the final four. Let's go, Mountaineers!

No comments: