Saturday, July 21, 2007

A-Shoppin' I Will Go

OK, OK, I confess - I have been looking forward to this day for a very long. long. long time! Only now that it's here, it is even better than I imagined. Being a teacher has certain perks, one being that while I'm back-to-school shopping for the girls, I also get to BTS shop for me. Guess where I'm going today! I think I have mentioned before that DH and I are (trying to) committed to Dave Ramsey and his Financial Peace University, which means that yours truly can't go out anytime she deems necessary and buy stuff...like a new outfit or 10. I am the world's worst shopper because I can justify anything...and I do mean anything. Want a new car? Come talk to me and I'll have you talked into it in no time flat. Want to go on vacation, come see me and pick out your destination. All justified, because I am very good.

But anyway, I have been dreaming of going BTS shopping for three weeks now, which in my timeframe, is a LIFETIME! Before my commitment to FPU, it was not uncommon or DH to call me during the day to check in, "Whatcha doin?" "I HAD to go shopping"..."For what, you weren't going shopping when I talked to you earlier today". "I know, I got bored and remembered we needed ( ) (fill in the blank) so I went to get it, and while I was there, I remembered we needed ( ) so I picked it up, too, so I saved a trip to the mall, and the girls needed ( ), so now I don't have to come back and pick that up, either...and it was all.on.sale!". At which time DH sighs deeply and mumbles something about having to go watch grass grow or something.

So I have been looking forward to my little shopping extravaganza for quite some time, and it is finally here. Only the little added bonus I mentioned, Oldest Child is gone with my girlfriend so she's unavailable for the trip, and Youngest Child hates to shop. So I get to go all by myself! I have it planned in my head exactly what I need to buy, exactly how much it should cost, and I will put the blinders on and not look in any other stores that are not on my list. And as if going by myself were not reward enough...DH is on his way as we speak to get his 4-wheeler out of the shop from a major service overhaul. Which, in my calculation, means I get even more money to spend than originally thought because, afterall, he did get to spend money on him...and his 4-wheeler is a pleasure item, and my BTS trip, is business. Who wants to have their kids sit in a classroom with a teacher who looks like a slob?? Reread the above paragraph about my being able to justify anything.

Now, it is time to set off on my adventures. Of course I'll post later to let you know how it turns out!

No comments: