Saturday, July 21, 2007

Murphy's Law, part 2

Alas, I am back from the big shopping spectacular and extravaganza. Let me first say that I was a very good girl and stayed well within my budget. Also let me say that, as usual, the girls ended up with more than I did. Partly because I have gained weight and refuse to buy the size clothes that actually look attractive on me and partly because the stores where we live were already having their back to school sales.

But my mission was accomplished; I came home with a very cute and comfortable pair of linen slacks and jacket for open house plus a cute top for another pair of slacks I already had but didn't like the shirt I bought to go with it.

Why Murphy's Law?? Because I was all set to spend, spend, spend until my heart's content...and pay cash for the purchases because that's what I do now. No more credit cards for me, no-sir-eee bob. I found lots and lots of cute pants/capris/walking shorts but nothing fit. If I would lose the weight I need to, I could fit back into the pants already in my closet and wouldn't need to go shopping in the first place. So the lesson I learned today...exercise, exercise, exercise. That way, I'll have a whole new plethora of clothes from which to chose, all at no additional cost to DH : )

P.S. I went walking after dinner tonight.

No comments: