Thursday, January 8, 2009

Merry Christmas...almost

I love Chris Tomlin. He has some very powerful songs playing on our local Christian station. If my radio had a "repeat" button, I would constantly hit it when his songs came on. So one day a few weeks ago, it dawned on me to actually purchase one of his CD's. Love it! Perfect house cleaning music. Perfect clothes folding music (do you know how many clothes you can put away while singing praise songs up and down the hall!). Perfect dinner cooking music. Just perfect music. Period.

Then came Thanksgiving. And Thanksgiving means that I can officially get out all of my Christmas CD's. My Amy Grant, my Michael W. Smith, my Gary Chapman, and yes, even my Statler Brothers. And we sang. And sang. And sang. All the way through New Years.

Yesterday Oldest Child and I were coming home from one of the various and sundry errands we had to run after school. And she says, "Mom, put in your Chris Tomlin CD." "OC, I don't have a Chris Tomlin CD." "Yes, you do." You bought it ...yadda yadda yadda, word word word. No, OC, I wanted to buy a Chris Tomlin CD but I bought a Christmas CD instead. No, mom, you didn't. You bought it and it's blue and black and where is it put it in the CD player I want to listen to it NOW! So luckily she got sidetracked and we made it home without any major fights.

So this afternoon when I picked her up from dance practice, again she wants to listen to THE CHRIS TOMLIN CD PLEASE! We go through the whole conversation again. She looks in the console of my truck and guess what she found? Low and behold, I did buy the Chris Tomlin CD. And I forgot about it. And she found it. So it was like finding a late Christmas present. For ME! And we got to sing praise songs all the way home.

No comments: